The Lime Rock Park Internship Program is geared toward high school and college graduates who love cars and road racing and have the desire to learn some of the fundamental business, marketing, hospitality and public relations aspects of the fast-paced sports industry.
Why does LRP want an Internship Program at Lime Rock Park?
- To find highly motivated pre-professionals to help organize, promote, and bring new perspectives to the 2010 Lime Rock season.
- It’s not slave labor, but mutually beneficial partnerships - Interns will gain valuable field experience in career paths, professional contacts and mentors in an exciting and unique market.
As an unpaid Lime Rock Park Intern, you'll have "behind the scenes access" to all major Lime Rock Park race weekends and enjoy the benefits of working closely with Lime Rock Park managers - including networking opportunities, off-site events, referrals and more.
"There is no place better than the Driver's Club at Lime Rock to develop an overall appreciation and understanding of both track and business functions. Being an Intern at Lime Rock not only offered me the first hand exposure I was looking for in a unique business that I loved, but also allowed me to pursue my passion for racing, leaving me with great on and off track experiences, thrills, memories and friendships that will remain with me long after the racing season ends." - Mike Briskie, 2009 Intern for The Club at Lime Rock Park
“An internship at Lime Rock Park gives you a great understanding of a business, but most importantly teaches you how to be part of a team. The fast paced action of a race weekend and the hard work that leads up to an event creates a setting where working as a team is crucial to success. If you are successful at this, there is nothing more satisfying then looking across the track on a crowded race weekend and not seeing a free patch of grass on the hillside. Lime Rock Park has given me skills, friendships, and many memories that will last a lifetime.” - Mike Siepmann, 2007 Marketing Intern
Available Internships are:
- Assists in executing marketing, promotions, off-site events and at-track fan relations
- Assist in marketing and advertising research and new ideas
- Assist with record-keeping, reporting and sponsorship acquisition
- Research endemic/non-endemic, local and regional media outlets
- Assist with making pitches, phone calls and setting up interviews
- Assist with Media Days, Media Tours and off-site events
- Responsible for the Clippings Log and Sponsorship Reports
- Assist with database management, reporting and making sales calls
- Research potential corporate clients and advertisers
- Assist with executing contracts
- Midway set up
- Vendor relations and needs
- An excellent opportunity for child development undergraduates
- Assist with managing, reporting and executing of the Big Y Kid's Club
- Create new activities
- This Internship combines event management and public relations in a fun and exciting environment
- Assist with organizing and execution of at-track hospitality and Fan Relations
- Assist with Fan Hospitality sales
- Preparing materials, coordinate Guest Speakers, etc.
The Club at Lime Rock Park
- Coordinates pit lane under the supervision of Club Director
- Assists "race control" steward while organizing Club Member use of club-provided race cars
- Assists Club Members as needed
- Assist Club Director at off-site sales and marketing booths
Qualifications for ALL internships:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be organized, able to take direction, as well as work independently
- Must be extremely reliable and professional
- Having an interest in sports is preferred, but not necessary
- Flexibility and able to work long hours during the four major race weekends